Barnes & Noble Wilkes-King's Booksellers (7 S. Main St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.208.4700)
• Open Mic Night: last Tues. of every month, 6:30 p.m.
• Writer's Workgroup: Wyoming Valley Wordsmiths: first/third Tues. monthly, 7 p.m.
• Weekly Sat. morning story time, 11 a.m.-noon.
Converge Gallery (140 West Fourth St., Williamsport, 570.447.5778, convergegallery.com)
Gallery hours: Wed.-Fri. 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Sat. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Dietrich Theater (60 E. Tioga St., Tunkhannock: 570.996.1500)
• Writers Group: Thurs., 7-8:30 p.m. 18+. Celebrates all types of writing styles, formats. Join anytime. Free. Call to register.
Lizza Studios (900 Rutter Ave., Suite 10, Forty Fort, 570.991.6611, email@example.com)
• On display: A private collection of work by Czech artist Colini.
The Osterhout Free Library (71 S. Franklin St., Wilkes-Barre, www.osterhout.info, 570.821.1959)
• Open Computer Lab: Mon./Wed., 5-8 p.m.; Sat., 1-4 p.m.
• Protect Your Identity: Oct. 24, 3-4 p.m. Protect yourself from identity theft, pizza and soft drinks served. Free.
• Costume Party for Adults: Oct. 31, 7-8 p.m. Free.
• Fifty Shades of Grey book discussion: Nov. 1, 6-7:30 p.m. Free
• Tutankhamun: Beyond the Tomb: Nov. 3, 2 p.m. Free.
• Socrates Cafe Discussion Group: Nov. 8, 6:30-8 p.m. Free.
• Rebekah Armusik author discussion: Nov. 10, 1 p.m. Free.
• Franklin Street Sleuths mystery book discussion: Nov. 15, 6:30 p.m. Free.
• Poetry series: Third Thurs., Nov. 20, 6:30-8 p.m. Free.
Pages & Places
• Cafe Programs every Thurs. Happy hour 6 p.m., programs 7 p.m. (Platform Lounge at Trax in Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, 700 Lackawanna Ave., Scranton)
Pittston Memorial Library (47 Broad St., 570.654.9565, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Craftastic Kids Craft Club: 3rd Sat. every month, starting Oct. 20, 10 a.m. Grades 2-5. Call/email to register.
• Crochet Club: Tues., 10 a.m., Thurs., 6 p.m. New members welcome.
• Kids Science Club: First Sat. every month, 10 a.m. Grades 2-5. Call/email to register.
• Lego Club: Meets Mondays, 4 p.m. Wait list only, call.
• Page Turners Kids Book Club: First Thurs. every month. Grades 3-5.
• Story Time: Toddlers Tues., 10 a.m. or Wed., 1:30 p.m.; Preschool Tues., 1:30 p.m. or Wed., 10 a.m.
Plymouth Public Library (107 W. Main St., Plymouth, 570.779.4775)
• Looking for volunteers: Call to sign up.
• Adult computer lessons: Daily, call to register.
• Story Time: Mon., 11 a.m. or Wed., 10:30 a.m. Toddlers/preschool children.
• Book Club: Meeting Oct. 29, 6 p.m. Informal discussion of The Language of Flowers. Call to register.
STACKS Writing Group Every other Tues., 6 p.m., The Banshee, (320 Penn Ave., Scranton). Info: email@example.com
Taylor Community Library (710 S. Main St., Taylor)
Book signing with Grannie Christmas: Nov. 3, noon-2 p.m. Books include Taylor and Green Ridge from Margo L. Azzarelli in the Images of America series. Info: 570.346.6179
The Vintage Theater (326 Spruce St., Scranton, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Poetry open mic: Nov. 15.
• Scranton Story Slam III: Nov. 16.
‘Wartz and All' Trail Read and Treasure Hunt: Oct. 27, 11 a.m., Lackawanna River Heritage Trail, Archbald. Copies of book available for $7.99 plus tax with $2 from each sale donated to the Lackawanna Heritage Valley Authority. Info: wartzandall.com, 570.650.7518.
West Pittston Library (200 Exeter Ave., www.wplibrary.org, 570.654.9847)
• Book Club: First Tues., 6:45 p.m. Free. Informal discussion of member-selected books.
• Weekly story time for children: Fri., 1 p.m. Free.
AFA Gallery (514 Lackawanna Ave., Scranton: 570.969.1040 or Artistsforart.org)
Gallery hours Thurs.-Sat., 12-5 p.m.
• Life Drawing sessions: every Tues., 7-9 p.m. Contact email@example.com for info.
• Drawing Socials: every Sun., 6-9 p.m. $5 GA, $2 student.
• Out of the Dark, series of self portraits by Lori Ryan: Nov. 1-10.
Artspace Gallery (221 Center St., Bloomsburg, 570.784.0737, artspace-bloomsburg.com)
Gallery Hours: Thurs.-Sat., noon-8 p.m., Sun., noon-5 p.m., or by appointment.
• Handiwork and Play: through Nov. 10, ceramics and paintings of Deb and Dave Stabley.
ARTSPACE Gallery (18 N. 7th St., Stroudsburg, 570.476.4460, artspacegallery.net)
Gallery hours: Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sat-Sun, noon-4 p.m.
• Brodhead Creek - Autumn by Will Daskal: Featured throughout Oct.
• Falls on Tobyhanna Creek by Gary Kresge: Featured throughout Oct.
ArtWorks Gallery (502 Lackawanna Ave., Scranton. 570.207.1815, artworksnepa.com)
Gallery hours: Tues.-Fri., 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat., noon-3 p.m., or by appointment.
• Robert Stark Retrospective: through Oct. 27.
Heron Art Gallery (121 Main St., Wyalusing, 570.746.4922, www.blueheronart.org)
Gallery hours: Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Sat. by appt.
• Seeking The Muse-A decade of Art at the Blue Heron Gallery: through Jan. 24. 22 artists. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Butternut Gallery & Second Story Books (204 Church St, Montrose, 570.278.4011, butternutgallery.com). Gallery hours: Wed.-Sat., 11a.m.-5 p.m., Sun., 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
• Motion and Grace: Constantinos Sfikas and Deb Youngling: through Nov. 18.
Camerawork Gallery (Downstairs in the Marquis Gallery, Laundry Building, 515 Center St., Scranton, 570.510.5028. www.cameraworkgallery.org, email@example.com) Gallery hours Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Up Close and Personal, photographs of Laurinda Faye Rubin: Nov. 2-Dec. 3, opening reception, Nov. 2, 6-8:20 p.m. Free.
• Accepting submissions for new shows during 2012-2013. Photography only; all photographic methods considered. Check out submissions procedure on website for details.
Hope Horn Gallery (Hyland Hall, University of Scranton, 570.941.4214)
Gallery Hours: Sun.-Fri., noon-4 p.m.; Wed., 6-8 p.m.
• The Lackawanna Iron Furnaces of Scranton, Pennsylvania: History, Art, Heritage: through Nov. 6.
The Linder Gallery at Keystone College (570.945.8335, keystone.edu/lindergallery)
• Robert Stark: Inside the Studio: Oct. 28-Nov. 30. Opening reception Oct. 28, 4-6 p.m.
Luzerne County Historical Society Museum (69 S. Franklin St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.823.6244, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• The Wonderful Story of Planters Peanuts: through Oct. 27.
Marquis Art and Frame (515 Center St., Scranton, 570.344.3313)
• En Passant: through Oct. 30. Works by Lisa Hinkle.
Marquis Art & Frame (122 S. Main St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.823.0518)
Gallery hours Mon.-Sat., 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Something Just a Bit Different: through Nov. 3. Show will feature Brad Earl and Karen Poels.
Mountain Top Photo Club exhibit, Wilkes-Barre General Hospital (239 S. Mountain Blvd., Mountain Top). Opening reception Oct. 26, 7-9 p.m. Long-term exhibition. Info: mountaintopphotoclub.com.
New Visions Studio & Gallery (201 Vine St., Scranton, www.newvisionstudio.com, 570.878.3970)
Gallery hours: Tues.-Sun., noon-6 p.m. and by appointment.
• Nightmare on Vine Street II horror-themed exhibit: through Oct. 27. Featured artists Tom Gates, Ashley Gries, Jay Salerno, Adam Weitzenkorn.
• SAME: An Artistic Exploration of Humanity and Media, exhibit and play by Mary Chappell: companion performances on Nov. 2, 8 p.m.; Nov. 3, 7 p.m.; and Nov. 4, 4 p.m. Exhibit continued Nov. 2-29. Opening reception, Nov. 2, 6-10 p.m. Free.
Schulman Gallery (2nd floor of LCCC Campus Center, 1333 S. Prospect St., Nanticoke, www.luzerne.edu/schulmangallery, 570.740.0727)
Gallery hours: Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Old Masters: through Nov. 22
• Annual Faculty/Alumni Exhibit: Nov. 30-Jan. 3
Something Special (23 W. Walnut St., Kingston, 570.288.8386)
Open Mon.-Fri., 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Sat., 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Impressions of a Perfect Day exhibit: through Nov. 9.
STAR Gallery at the Mall at Steamtown (570.969.2537/343.3048)
• Survivor's Speak Out Masks, artists from Women Resources Center: through Oct. 30.
The Vintage Theater (326 Spruce St., Scranton, email@example.com)
• Steampunk Exhibit: through Oct. 31. Various media on shown dedicated to steampunk.
• Rock, Paper, Scissor: Nov. 2-29. Opening reception Nov. 2, includes light fare, drink, and live music.
T.W. Shoemaker Gallery (312 Wyoming Ave., Wyoming)
• One Year Later: A Retrospective Look at the Flood of the Susquehanna River in West Pittston, Penna.: through Oct. 27. Info: facebook.com/twshoemakerart, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Widmann Gallery (Located in King's College's Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center between North Franklin and North Main Streets, Wilkes-Barre, 570.208.5900, ext. 5328)
Gallery hours: Mon. through Fri. 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Sat. and Sun. as arranged. Free and open to the public.
Recent Works by Peter Nardone: through Nov. 2. Photography,
- compiled by Rich Howells, Weekender Staff Writer. Send your listings to email@example.com, 90 E. Market St., Wilkes-Barre, Pa., 18703, or fax to 570.831.7375. Deadline is Mondays at 2 p.m. Expanded listings at theweekender.com.