2&4 Hand Drumming Circle
Freestyle drum circle, every second/fourth Sat., any time between 1-4 p.m., Everything Natural (426 S. State St., Clarks Summit). All ages, newcomers, old timers welcome. Hand drums, percussion provided. Free, no pressure.
Absolute Pilates with Leslie (263 Carbondale Rd., Clarks Summit, www.pilateswithleslie.com)
• Mon., Wed., Fri., 9-10 a.m. Private training on Cadillac, Reformer and Wunda Chair, along with Pilates mat classes, stability ball core classes, more. Check website for updates.
• Mon., Wed.: Nia Technique, 5:30 p.m.
American Wicca & The Garb Wench (americanwicca.org)
• Tarot Readings by High Priest Thane Amdor: By appointment Tues., Thurs., Sat. Bring friend, get free reading. To schedule, call 570.793.4095
Arts YOUniverse (47 N. Franklin St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.970.2787, www.artsyouniverse.com)
Studio J, 2nd floor
• Meditation in tradition of Gurdjieff, Ospensky: Sun., 12-1 p.m., $5
• Children's Meditation: Thurs., 6-7 p.m. Ages 9-14, $5
• Tarot Card Readings, by appointment. $20 first half hour, $10 additional half hours.
Awakenings Yoga (570.472.3272)
• Private Yoga Instruction w/ certified senior Instructor of Himalayan Institute. 24 years experience. Learn secrets of Himalayan Masters. Lessons include asana, pranayama, meditation, relaxation, ayruveda, holistic nutrition, tantra. $75/session
Balance Ultimate Fitness (Belladaro Prof Bldg, 570.862.2840)
• Early Morning Fitness Bootcamp: Tues./Thurs., 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m., Sat, 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., $15 or 12 classes for $150.
Balance Yoga and Wellness (900 Rutter Ave., 2nd floor, Forty Fort 570.714.2777, balanceyogastudio.net, email@example.com)
• Pole Fitness: Fri., 5:30 p.m. (beginner); 7 p.m. (intermediate). Sat., 1:30 p.m. (all levels); 3:15 p.m. (advanced).
All workshops $15, pre-registration suggested.
• Sun. Class: 10-11:15 a.m. Features Alternating Vinyasa style yoga w/ yoga fusion.
Club Fit (1 West Broad St., Hazleton, 570.497.4700, www.clubfithazleton.com)
• Boxing classes w/ Rich Pastorella (pastorella.net26.net). Mon., 7-8 p.m. $40/month.
Goddess Creations Shop & Gallery (214 Depot St., Clarks Summit, 570.575.8649, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Tarot Card Readings by appointment. Call.
• Tarot Readings: Thurs., 6-9:30 p.m. at Montrose Inn, Restaurant & Tavern (26 S. Main St., Montrose). $25 for 15-20 min.
• Monthly astrology workshop with Holly Avila: first Sun., $45. Call.
Goshin Jitsu Martial Arts Classes Every month at Golightley's Martial Arts (Mark Plaza Shopping Center, Rt. 11, Edwardsville). Focus on cardio, stretching, defense, stamina, more. Self defense, cardio, karate aerobics also available. $75/month. Call 570.814.3293 for info.
Haifa Belly Dance (Haifabellydance.com, 570.836.7399)
• Mon., 5:15 p.m., Serenity Wellness & Dance Center (135 Main St., Luzerne)
• Wed., 6 p.m., Holistic Health Center (Route 6, Tunkhannock)
Harris Conservatory for the Arts (545 Charles St. Luzerne, 718.0673)
• Cardio Kickboxing: Wed., 7-8 p.m.; Sat., 9-10 a.m. $5/class. Call for info.
• Hoop Fitness Techniques: Mon., 7:30-8:30 p.m. $5/class. Call for info.
Hoop Fitness Classes (whirligighoopers.com)
• Beginner/Intermediate: Mon., 7:30 p.m., Harris Conservatory (545 Charles St., Luzerne). $5. Call 718.0673 to reserve.
• Beginner/Intermediate: Thurs., 5:30 p.m., Studio 32 (32 Forrest St., Wilkes-Barre) $5.
• Meditation Technique Workshops: Wed., 6:30 p.m. $15/session. Goal setting/stress reduction, more. Call for info/reservation.
Introduction to Meditation: Sat., Oct. 27-Nov. 17, 11 a.m.-noon, Salt Springs Park (Montrose). Four-week program with Anna D'Andrea. Free. Info: 570.967.7275.
Jeet Kune Do Fighting Concepts Teaches theories of movement in Martial Arts. $100/month. Call instructor Mike DiMeglio for info, 570.371.8898.
Jim Thorpe Arts in Motion (434 Center St., Jim Thorpe, 570.483.8640, jtartsinmotion.com)
• Friday Night Drop-in Class for Chair Yoga, Guided Meditation, Spirit Connections: $8/class, $15/all three. Elemental Alchemist AnneMarie Balog, Level II Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga instructor. Private/group meditation sessions, reiki treatments, classes, yoga, tarot readings/parties, divination consultations. Contact 881.2399, email@example.com. Info: jtartsinmotion.com/Classes/elementalalchemist
Kwon Kodo Lessons: Learn self-defense system that combines Korean Martial Arts such as Hapkido, Taekwondo & Kuk Sool. Lessons held at Hapkido Taekwondo Institute (150 Welles St., Forty Fort). $40/month. For info, call 570.287.4290 or visit htkdi.com.
Leverage Fitness Studio (900 Rutter Ave., Forty Fort, 570.338.2386, leveragetrainingstudio.com)
Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Fri. 6 a.m.-7 p.m., Sat. 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Sun. 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Fusion Flexibility: Sun. 9-10 a.m.
• Wake-Up Workout: Mon., Wed., Fri. 7-7:45 a.m.
• Executive Workout: Mon., Wed. 12:15-12:45 p.m.
• Sexy to the Core: Wed. 5:30 p.m.
• Primal Scream: Tues., Thurs. 7-8 p.m.
• Inferno: Sat. 10 a.m.
All classes free to members, $10 non-members.
Meditation/Yoga classes at Spectrum Health & Racquet Club (151 Terrace Dr., Eynon). Meditation: Fri., 7-8 p.m. Yoga: Sat., 9:45-10:45 a.m. $5 each class, bring mat. Call 570.383.3223 for info.
Melt Hot Yoga (#16 Gateway Shopping Center, Edwardsville, 570.287.3400, melthotyogastudio.com)
• Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m., 5:30 p.m. (90 minutes)
• Tues., Thurs., 4 p.m. (one hour)
• Sat., Sun., 9 a.m., 3 p.m. (90 minutes)
New Visions Studio & Gallery (201 Vine Street, Scranton, 570.878.3970, firstname.lastname@example.org, newvisionsstudio.com)
• Vinyasa Yoga Classes with Sarah Yzkanin: Sundays, 2-3 p.m. All levels welcome. $6. Call 570.575.8789 or e-mail email@example.com for info.
NutriFitness Boot Camp (311 Market St., Kingston, 570.288.2409)
• Free week of Boot Camp for new members: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m., 5:30 p.m.
• Wirred: Mon., Wed., 6:45 p.m., Sat., 10 a.m. $5.
• Yoga: Thurs. 7 p.m. $10.
• Tang Soo Do Karate Classes: Mon., Wed., 6:45 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m. Call to register.
Odyssey Fitness (401 Coal St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.829.2661, odysseyfitnesscenter.com)
• Yoga Classes: Sun., 12:30 p.m.; Mon., 7:15 a.m.; Tues., 7 a.m., 5 p.m.; Wed., 8 a.m., 6:30 p.m.; Thurs., 6:30 p.m.; Sat., 10:30 a.m. All levels welcome.
• ZumbAtomic: Lil Starz, ages 4-7: 5:30 p.m.; Big Starz, ages 8-12: 6:15 p.m.
Open Your Eyes To Dream (143 W. Main St., Bloomsburg, 570.239.7520, www.oyetd.com)
Open-Eyed Yoga. Call 394.2251 or go online for current updates/cancellations. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Beginner Vinyasa: Mon., 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• Level II Vinyasa: Mon., 7-8:30 p.m.
• Mixed Level Vinyasa: Tues., 9-10:30 a.m., Wed., 6:30-7:45 p.m.
Mats & props available. Student/package discounts available. Bring friend to first class, get two for price of one.
Prana Yoga Studio (960 Prescott Ave., Dunmore, www.pranayogadunmore.com) Classes taught in vinyasa flow, geared for all levels
• Mon.: Advanced, 6 p.m.; tai chi with Blake Wheeler 7:30-8:45 p.m., Thurs., 8:45-10 p.m., $45/month, on class/week, $65/month, two classes/week. Contact Blake at 434.989.1045 or email@example.com for info.
• Tues.: Beginner, 10 a.m.; Open Level, noon; Beg./Intermediate, 5:30 p.m.; Intermediate, 7:30 p.m.
• Wed.: Beginner, 5:30 p.m.; Advanced 7:30 p.m.
• Thurs.: Open Level, 10 a.m.; Beg./Intermediate, 5:30 p.m.; Intermediate, 7:30 p.m.
• Fri.: Open Level, 10 a.m.; Advanced, 6 p.m.
• Sat.: Beg./Intermediate, 10 a.m.; Intermediate, noon.
• Sun.: Intermediate, noon; Candle-lit Open Level, 6 p.m.
• Sandstorm Fitness with Rachel Kali Dare: Wed. 4-5 p.m. Learn various techniques and shed pounds. Call 570.677.7067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
Reiki Classes (570.387.6157, email@example.com) Sessions with Sue Yarnes:
• Beginner to Advanced Reiki at our locations or your home. Hospital endorsed, training for professional Usui Reiki teacher certification available. Call or e-mail for info.
The Self Discovery and Wellness Arts Center (200 Lake Ave., Montrose, 570.278.9256 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, wellnessarts.com)
• Monthly World Peace Meditation and Reiki Circle: First Tuesday of every month, 5-7 p.m. $10.
Sandy Seyler Studio (House of Nutrition, 2nd floor, 50 Main St., Luzerne, 570.288.1785, SandySeyler.com)
Sheri Pilates Studio (703 Market St., Kingston, 570.331.0531)
• Beginner mat class: Tues., 5 p.m. $50/10 classes.
• Equipment classes on reformer and tower: $150/10 classes.
• Private training available on reformer, cadillac, stability chair, ladder barrel, cardiolates on rebounder.
Call studio for additional mat class/equipment class schedule, all classes taught by certified instructors.
Spine & SportCare (Old Forge, 570.451.1122)
• Pilates Mat Classes: Mon. 9:30 a.m.; Wed. noon; Thurs. 5:30 p.m.; Yoga Flow: Tues. 5:30 p.m. $10/class, $45/5 classes.
• Small Group Personal Training: Personalized program changes w/ every session, similar to P90X crossfit. All levels, call for details.
Studio Brick (118 Walnut St., Danville, 570.275.3240)
• All Levels Yoga: Wed. (ongoing), 10-11 a.m.
Symmetry Studio (206 N. Main Avenue, 3rd Floor, Scranton, 570.290.7242, SymmetryStudioNEPA.com)
• Mon.: Gentle Yoga 5:30 p.m.; Core Yoga 6:30 p.m.
• Tues.: Beginners Yoga 5 p.m.; Yoga Strength and Flexibility 6 p.m.; Cardio Kickboxing 7:30 p.m.
• Wed.: Slow Flow 5:30 p.m.; Core Yoga 6:30 p.m.
• Thurs.: All Levels Vinyasa 5:30 p.m.; Cardio Kickboxing 7:30 p.m.
• Fri.: Community Ballroom (call for registration details)
• Sat.: Prenatal Yoga 9:30 a.m.; Essential Yoga All Levels 11 a.m.
• Sun.: Slow Flow 11 a.m.
• Intermediate Jazz/Contemporary Technique Class: Mon., 4:15-5:15 p.m. Ages 10-14. 10/class.
• Jazz/Contemporary Technique Class: Mon., 7:45-8:45 p.m. Ages 15-adult. $10/class.
• Modern/Lyrical Technique Class: Thurs., 7:45-8:45 p.m. Ages 15-adult. $10/class.
• Cardio Kick and Interval Training: Mon., 5:30 p.m., Tues., 4 p.m.
• Dancers Wanted: Female/male dancers, ages 10-adult for Symmetry Dance Company's Junior, Senior Companies. Call or e-mail email@example.com. Info: symmetrystudionepa.com/dance-company
Tarot Card Readings Mon., noon-5 p.m., Duffy's Coffee House (312 S. State St., Clarks Summit). Info: 570.575.8649
Tarot Readings every Sun., 11 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Shambala, Scranton, located at Mall At Steamtown, first floor outside Bonton. Walk-ins welcome. Info: 570.575.8649, 344.4385, find Shambala on Facebook.
Individual attention for physical/spiritual advancement. All levels welcome. Call 570.709.2406 for info. Classes held at The Studio at 32 (32 Forrest St., Wilkes-Barre) Sat., 10:30 a.m.-noon.
Unity: A Center for Spiritual Living (140 South Grant St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.824.7722)
• A Course in Miracles / Holistic Fitness-Yoga Sessions: Tues., 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Meditation Chakra Clearing Deeksha: 2nd, 4th Mon., 7-8:30 p.m. $8. Oneness meditation, chakra clearing/energization, transfer of Divine Energy. Welcome beginning, experienced meditators, all paths. Info: 587.0967, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waering Stained Glass Studio (336 N. Washington St., Wilkes-Barre).
• Tarot Card Readings: $50/first half hour, $10 additional. Appointment only. Call 570.417.5020.
House (1115 N. Abington Rd., Waverly, 570.586.8191, www.waverlycomm.org)
• Meditation Classes: through Nov. 1, Thurs. 7-8:30 p.m. $10/class.
White Dragon Internal Strength Chi Kung (330 Sandra Dr., Jefferson Twp & Scranton, 570.906.9771) Tai chi, yoga, meditation, chi kung, white lotus, pai lum, flowing water, inner tiger. Beginners-advanced. Mon.-Fri., open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Sat. 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Sun 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Private and group. Any ages.
Wilkes-Barre YMCA events (570.823.2191)
• Zumbatomic: Sat., 1 p.m. $16/8 week session for YMCA members, $20/non-members. Designed for ages 7-12, now offering parent class. Pre-registration required.
The Yoga Studio (210 Wyoming Ave., Wyoming, 570.301.7544)
• Yoga: Mon., 9:30 a.m., 6:30 p.m.; Wed., 10:30 a.m.; Thurs., 9:30 a.m., 6:30 p.m.; Sat., 10:30 a.m.
• Zumba: Tues., 5:30 p.m.; Wed. 9 a.m., 7 p.m.; Fri., 5:30 p.m.
YMCA of Greater Pittston (10 N Main St, Pittston, 570.655.2255 ext. 104, email@example.com)
• Zumba Toning: Mon., 5 p.m.
• Zumba Gold: Tues., 10:30 a.m.
• Kids' Creative Movement: Tues., 3:45-4:15 p.m.
• Zumba: Wed., 5 p.m.
• Zumba Gold: Thurs., 10:30 a.m.
• Early Tikes Gymnastics: Wed., 9-9:30 a.m. $30.
• Just 3's: Wed., 9:45-10:15 a.m. $30.
• Twinkie Fitness: Thurs., 5:15-6 p.m., $30. Age 4.
• Beginner Gymnastics: Young beginner (ages 5-7), Sat., 9-9:45 a.m.; beginner (ages 7+), Sat., 10-10:45 a.m.; intermediate (ages 10+), Sat., 11 a.m.-noon. $40/member, $30/family member, $55/non-members.
• Basketball: Beginner (kindergarten, grades1-2), Tues., 5:30- 6:15 p.m.
• Basketball Basics: (grades 3-5) Tues., 6:30-7:30 p.m. $50/members, $40/family member, $65/non-members.
• Basketball and Softball: Tee Ball (ages 5-6), Sat., 9-9:45 a.m.; pre-minors baseball (ages 7-10), Sat., 10-11 a.m.; pre-minors softball (ages 7-10), Sat., 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., $50/members, $40/family members, $65/non-members.
Zumba Fitness Classes
• Mon./Wed., 5:15 p.m.; Sat., 11 a.m., at TLC Fitness Center (bottom of Morgan Hwy., Scranton). $5/class. Call 570.558.7293 for info.
• Adult classes held at Fitwize 4 Kids Tues./Thurs., 7:15, Sun., 11 a.m. on Keyser Ave. across from Keyser Oak Shopping Center Call 348.9383 for info.
- compiled by Rich Howells, Weekender Staff Writer. Send your listings to firstname.lastname@example.org, 90 E. Market St., Wilkes-Barre, Pa., 18703, or fax to 570.831.7375. Deadline is Mondays at 2 p.m. Expanded listings at theweekender.com.