Whether you gag at the sight of paper hearts, rejoice in the Hallmark animated toy of the month, crave a dozen red roses, or would rather sleep through Friday than spend it putting up with smooching happy couples, I promise you I will not disappoint with this Valentine’s-themed recipe. After all, let’s be honest – has food EVER let any of you down? No. And neither will this Strawberry Cream Cheese Gooey Cake.
I don’t know about you, but I like to have a boozy beverage on-hand when in the kitchen, so I’ll kick this off with the Burnin’ Love Martini, another surefire way to feel warm and fuzzy inside, no matter the relationship status. In a shaker with ice, combine two parts RumChata, one-half part vanilla vodka, and one-third part DeKuyper Hot Damn Cinnamon Schnapps. Shake and strain into a glass. This holiday is off to an awesome start already, right?
To kick off the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and hit a 9-by-13 cake pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, mix together a package of strawberry cake mix, softened butter, and one egg. Don’t be afraid if the mixture is a little dense; it’s supposed to be.
Gently pour and evenly pat this mixture into the bottom of the cake pan.
In a different bowl, mix a package of cream cheese, two eggs, and sugar. Layer this combination over the denser bottom layer.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until it’s golden brown on top.
If you’re feeling really frisky, cut the cake using heart-shaped cookie cutters for bite-size pieces. But, if you’re like me and got TOO frisky with that martini, well… just grab a fork. Those things aren’t going to even resemble hearts, and no one will judge you if you dig into the cake straight out the pan.
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE GOOEY CAKE
Courtesy of thefrugalgirls.com
• 1 18.25 ounce package of strawberry cake mix
• 1/2 cup butter (softened)
• 3 eggs
• 1 8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
• 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch cake pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, butter, and one egg. Pat mixture into the bottom of your cake pan.
• In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, two eggs, and sugar. Pour the mixture over the cake layer.
• Bake for 33 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cut out with heart shapes once cool, if desired.
Burnin’ Love Martini
Courtesy of sugarloco.com
• 2 parts RumChata
• 1/2 part vanilla vodka
• 1/3 part DeKuyper Hot Damn Cinnamon Schnapps
Combine all ingredients in shaker with ice, shake, and strain into glass.