10 Things you (probably) didn’t know about Chris Soules of ‘The Bachelor’
PLAINS — Chris Soules of “The Bachelor” and “Dancing with the Stars” is bringing his farm charm to a free Reality Check event at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 12 at Mohegan Sun Pocono.
Soules will be joined by his former “Dancing with the Stars” partner, Witney Carson at the event to be held inside the casino’s Keystone Grand Ballroom. He’s “extremely excited” to perform some of his favorite dances from the show and meet fans, he said.
Weekender spoke with Soules to talk about the event — and found out 10 things you (probably) don’t know about the reality star.
1. He may be famous for giving potential love interests a rose, but his favorite flower is actually the one that grows on a soybean plant.
“That’s what I grow for a living,” the farmer said. “They’re beautiful; very small and yellow, white or purple in color.”
2. His biggest fear in life is failure.
3. The 33-year-old said when it’s time to fall asleep, he wears nothing but a pair of boxer briefs.
“I like MeUndies,” Soules said. “They’re really comfortable. They’ll change your life.”
4. He works hard but he plays hard. His favorite drink is bourbon on the rocks. “It’s simple and it tastes good,” he said. “It gets right to the point.”
5. His biggest turn-on in a woman is personality.
“Personality is really important,” he said. “That, and having a good sense of humor.”
6. His biggest turn-off is a woman who eats with her mouth open. (Is anybody picturing single women wiring their jaws shut right now?)
7. Soules’ favorite dance on the show was one of his worst, he said. “My favorite dance from the show was the Cha Cha, which I completely jacked up on the live show. The choreography is really cool, but it’s difficult to perform. I wish I did a better job at mastering it.”
8. He’s not afraid to admit he cries. The last time he cried, he said, was when he was eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars.”
“It was emotional,” he said. “I spent 10 weeks working my ass off. I was sad to know I wasn’t doing it anymore. That’s why I’m so excited to be coming to Mohegan Sun and performing for people again.”
9. Don’t feel too sorry for him. He laughs, too. The last time he laughed was just the other night when he was drinking whiskey while “sitting around the porch and bull — ” with his dad and cousin.
“That’s what we do in small towns — we hang out on our porch and tell stories and drink.”
10. If Chris Soules asks for your number, you might be lucky enough to get a dick pic from him. When asked if he has ever sent a pic of his man goods to a woman, he replied, “Who hasn’t?”
Reach Justin Adam Brown at 570-991-6652 or on Twitter @wkdr
IF YOU GO
What: Chris Soules of “The Bachelor” and “Dancing with the Stars” performing at a free Reality Check event.
When: 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 12
Where: Grand Keystone Ballroom, Mohegan Sun Pocono
Expect: Farm charm and dancing dynamo