Mind and Body, 3.13.13-3.19.13
First Posted: 3/12/2013
2&4 Hand Drumming Circle
Freestyle drum circle, every second/fourth Sat., any time between 1-4 p.m., Everything Natural (426 S. State St., Clarks Summit). All ages, newcomers, old timers welcome. Hand drums, percussion provided. Free, no pressure.
Absolute Pilates with Leslie (263 Carbondale Rd., Clarks Summit, www.pilateswithleslie.com)
• Mon., Wed., Fri., 9-10 a.m. Private training on Cadillac, Reformer and Wunda Chair, along with Pilates mat classes, stability ball core classes, more. Check website for updates.
• Mon., Wed.: Nia Technique, 5:30 p.m.
American Wicca Study Group (www.americanwicca.org)
• “The Pagan Pow Wow:” third Saturday of every month, 7 p.m., The Garb Wench, 13 N. Main St., Ashley. • Tarot readings by Jamie Dana by appointment, 570.235.0741.
Arts YOUniverse (47 N. Franklin St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.970.2787, www.artsyouniverse.com)
Studio J, 2nd floor
• Meditation in tradition of Gurdjieff, Ospensky: Sun., 12-1 p.m., $5
• Children’s Meditation: Thurs., 6-7 p.m. Ages 9-14, $5
• Tarot Card Readings, by appointment. $20 first half hour, $10 additional half hours.
Awakenings Yoga (570.472.3272)
• Private Yoga Instruction w/ certified senior Instructor of Himalayan Institute. 24 years experience. Learn secrets of Himalayan Masters. Lessons include asana, pranayama, meditation, relaxation, ayruveda, holistic nutrition, tantra. $75/session
Balance Ultimate Fitness (Belladaro Prof Bldg, 570.862.2840)
• Early Morning Fitness Bootcamp: Tues./Thurs., 6:30 a.m.-7:30 a.m., Sat, 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., $15 or 12 classes for $150.
Balance Yoga and Wellness (900 Rutter Ave., 2nd floor, Forty Fort 570.714.2777, balanceyogastudio.net, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Pole Fitness: Fri., 5:30 p.m. (beginner); 7 p.m. (intermediate). Sat., 1:30 p.m. (all levels); 3:15 p.m. (advanced).
Bellas Yoga Studio (650 Boulevard Ave., Dickson City, 570.307.5000, www.bellasyoga.com, email@example.com)
All workshops $15, pre-registration suggested.
• Sun. Class: 10-11:15 a.m. Features Alternating Vinyasa style yoga w/ yoga fusion.
Candy’s Place (190 Welles St., Forty Fort. 570.714.8800)
$35 a month for all classes, $7 per class. First class is free for everyone.
• One on One Personal Training and Yoga for breast cancer survivors: Requirements include a breast cancer diagnosis, a doctor’s note for participation, and all forms to be filled out prior to participation. Free.
• Gentle Yoga: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Introduction to the benefits of learning to relax and energize with yoga specially designed for people with or without cancer.
• Meditation and Deep Breathing: Wednesdays, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• Strength and Balance: Mondays, 5:30-6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays, 4:15-5:15 p.m. Several forms of exercise, such as yoga, Pilates, and weights to help increase strength and improve balance
• Standing Strong: Mondays, 10:15-11:30 a.m.; Wednesdays10:15-11:30 a.m.; Thursdays,10:15-11:30 a.m.; Fridays,10:15-11:30 a.m. Incorporates cardio exercise with a dance flavor and includes an infusion of weights.
Club Fit (1 West Broad St., Hazleton, 570.497.4700, www.clubfithazleton.com)
• Boxing classes w/ Rich Pastorella (pastorella.net26.net). Mon., 7-8 p.m. $40/month.
Goddess Creations Shop & Gallery (214 Depot St., Clarks Summit, 570.575.8649, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Tarot Card Readings by appointment.
• Tarot Readings: Thurs., 6-9:30 p.m. at Montrose Inn, Restaurant & Tavern (26 S. Main St., Montrose). $25 for 15-20 min.
• Monthly astrology workshop with Holly Avila: first Sun., $45. Call.
Goshin Jitsu Martial Arts Classes Every month at Golightley’s Martial Arts (Mark Plaza Shopping Center, Rt. 11, Edwardsville). Focus on cardio, stretching, defense, stamina, more. Self defense, cardio, karate aerobics also available. $75/month. Call 570.814.3293 for info.
Haifa Belly Dance (Haifabellydance.com, 570.836.7399)
• Mon., 6:30- p.m., Body Language Studios (239 Schuyler Ave, Kingston)
• Tues., 7:00 p.m., Jaya Yoga (320 South State Street, Clarks Summit)
• Wed., 6 p.m., Holistic Health Center (Route 6, Tunkhannock)
Harris Conservatory for the Arts (545 Charles St. Luzerne, 718.0673)
• Cardio Kickboxing: Wed., 7-8 p.m.; Sat., 9-10 a.m. $5/class. Call for info.
• Hoop Fitness Techniques: Mon., 7:30-8:30 p.m. $5/class. Call for info.
Hapkido Taekwondo Institute (210 Division St., Kingston. 570.287.4290, www.htkdi.com, email@example.com)
Learn self-defense, get in shape and reduce stress today at the Hapkido Taekwondo Institute in Kingston. New student special of $99 for 3 months includes uniform. Take a free trial class and check us out – you’ll be glad you did! Special children’s and women’s self-defense classes are offered as is weapons training.
Inner Harmony Wellness Center (Mercy Hospital General Services Bldg., 743 Jefferson Ave., Scranton, 570.346.4621, www.innerharmonywellness.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Meditation Technique Workshops: Wed., 6:30 p.m. $15/session. Goal setting/stress reduction, more. Call for info/reservation.
Jeet Kune Do Fighting Concepts Teaches theories of movement in Martial Arts. $100/month. Call instructor Mike DiMeglio for info, 570.371.8898.
Jim Thorpe Arts in Motion (434 Center St., Jim Thorpe, 570.483.8640, jtartsinmotion.com)
• Friday Night Drop-in Class for Chair Yoga, Guided Meditation, Spirit Connections: $8/class, $15/all three. Elemental Alchemist AnneMarie Balog, Level II Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga instructor. Private/group meditation sessions, reiki treatments, classes, yoga, tarot readings/parties, divination consultations. Contact 881.2399, email@example.com. Info: jtartsinmotion.com/Classes/elementalalchemist
Leverage Fitness Studio (900 Rutter Ave., Forty Fort, 570.338.2386, leveragetrainingstudio.com)
Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Fri. 6 a.m.-7 p.m., Sat. 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Sun. 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Fusion Flexibility: Sun. 9-10 a.m.
• Wake-Up Workout: Mon., Wed., Fri. 7-7:45 a.m.
• Executive Workout: Mon., Wed. 12:15-12:45 p.m.
• Sexy to the Core: Wed. 5:30 p.m.
• Primal Scream: Tues., Thurs. 7-8 p.m.
• Inferno: Sat. 10 a.m.
All classes free to members, $10 non-members.
Meditation/Yoga classes at Spectrum Health & Racquet Club (151 Terrace Dr., Eynon). Meditation: Fri., 7-8 p.m. Yoga: Sat., 9:45-10:45 a.m. $5 each class, bring mat. Call 570.383.3223 for info.
Melt Hot Yoga (#16 Gateway Shopping Center, Edwardsville, 570.287.3400, melthotyogastudio.com)
• Mon., Weds.: 9 a.m., 5:30 p.m. (90 minutes), 7:30 p.m. (one hour)
• Tues.: 9 a.m. (Hot Power Fusion), 4 p.m. (one hour), 5:30 p.m. (90 minutes)
• Weds.: 9 a.m., 5:30 p.m. (90 minutes), 7:30 p.m. (one hour)
• Thurs.: 9 a.m. (Hot Power Fusion), 4 p.m. (one hour), 5:30 p.m. (silent class)
• Fri.: 9 a.m. (90 minutes), 5:30 p.m. (Hot Power Fusion)
• Sat., Sun.: 9 a.m. (90 minutes), 11 a.m. (Hot Power Fusion), 3 p.m. (90 minutes)
Odyssey Fitness (401 Coal St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.829.2661, odysseyfitnesscenter.com)
• Yoga Classes: Sun., 12:30 p.m.; Mon., 7:15 a.m.; Tues., 7 a.m., 5 p.m.; Wed., 8 a.m., 6:30 p.m.; Thurs., 6:30 p.m.; Sat., 10:30 a.m. All levels welcome.
• ZumbAtomic: Lil Starz, ages 4-7: 5:30 p.m.; Big Starz, ages 8-12: 6:15 p.m.
Open Your Eyes To Dream (143 W. Main St., Bloomsburg, 570.239.7520, www.oyetd.com)
Open-Eyed Yoga. Call 394.2251 or go online for current updates/cancellations. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Beginner Vinyasa: Mon., 5:30-6:30 p.m.
• Level II Vinyasa: Mon., 7-8:30 p.m.
• Mixed Level Vinyasa: Tues., 9-10:30 a.m., Wed., 6:30-7:45 p.m.
Mats & props available. Student/package discounts available. Bring friend to first class, get two for price of one.
Prana Yoga Studio (960 Prescott Ave., Dunmore, www.pranayogadunmore.com) Classes taught in vinyasa flow, geared for all levels
• Monday: 4:30 p.m., Basic Flow with Terri (50 mins.); 5:30 p.m., 6-week beginner series with Kelly (Pre-register required, runs every 8 weeks); 7:15 p.m., Dynamic Flow with Geoff Dixon
• Tuesday: Noon, Moderate Flow with Meg; 5:30 p.m., Basic Flow with Kelly; 7:15 p.m., Moderate/Restorative with Heather
• Wednesday: 5:30 p.m., Moderate Flow with Kelly; 7:15 p.m.. Basic Flow with Erin
• Thursday: Noon, Moderate Flow with Meg; 5:30 p.m., Basic Flow with Mikey; 7:15 p.m., Strong Flow with Kelly. Live music class every second Thursday of month.
• Friday: Noon, Moderate Flow with Meg; 4:30 p.m.; Basic Flow with Terri; 5:30 p.m. Strong Flow with Meg
• Saturday: 9 a.m., yoga for special needs children and their friends; 10 a.m., Basic Flow with Terri; Noon, Strong Flow with Kelly
• Sunday: Noon, Moderate Flow with Nicole; 6 p.m., Candlelit Basic Flow with Kelly.
Sheri Pilates Studio (703 Market St., Kingston, 570.331.0531)
• Beginner mat class: Tues., 5 p.m. $50/10 classes.
• Equipment classes on reformer and tower: $150/10 classes.
• Private training available on reformer, cadillac, stability chair, ladder barrel, cardiolates on rebounder.
Call studio for additional mat class/equipment class schedule, all classes taught by certified instructors.
Spine & SportCare (Old Forge, 570.451.1122)
• Pilates Mat Classes: Mon. 9:30 a.m.; Wed. noon; Thurs. 5:30 p.m.; Yoga Flow: Tues. 5:30 p.m. $10/class, $45/5 classes.
• Small Group Personal Training: Personalized program changes w/ every session, similar to P90X crossfit. All levels, call for details.
Studio Brick (118 Walnut St., Danville, 570.275.3240)
• All Levels Yoga: Wed. (ongoing), 10-11 a.m.
Symmetry Studio (206 N. Main Avenue, 3rd Floor, Scranton, 570.290.7242, SymmetryStudioNEPA.com)
• Monday: 4:30 p.m. Restorative Yoga, 5:30 pm Cardio Kick & Interval Training, 6:30 pm All Levels Vinyasa, 7:45 pm Jazz/Contemporary Technique
Tuesday: 5:00 pm Slow Flow Yoga, 5:30 pm Heated Yoga
Wednesday: 6:15 pm Hatha Yoga, 7:00 pm Hip Hop
Thursday: 4:30 pm Slow Flow Yoga, 5:30 pm Heated Yoga, 6:30 pm Nia Technique, 7:45 pm Modern/Lyrical Technique
Saturday: 10:00 am All Levels Vinyasa, 11:00 am Essential Yoga
Sunday: 11:00 am Medium Flow Yoga
Tarot Card Readings Mon., noon-5 p.m., Duffy’s Coffee House (312 S. State St., Clarks Summit). Info: 570.575.8649
Tarot Readings every Sun., 11 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Shambala, Scranton, located at Mall At Steamtown, first floor outside Bonton. Walk-ins welcome. Info: 570.575.8649, 344.4385, find Shambala on Facebook.
Thetravelingyogi@yahoo.com Individual attention for physical/spiritual advancement. All levels welcome. Call 570.709.2406 for info. Classes held at The Studio at 32 (32 Forrest St., Wilkes-Barre) Sat., 10:30 a.m.-noon.
Unity: A Center for Spiritual Living (140 South Grant St., Wilkes-Barre, 570.824.7722)
• A Course in Miracles / Holistic Fitness-Yoga Sessions: Tues., 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Meditation Chakra Clearing Deeksha: 2nd, 4th Mon., 7-8:30 p.m. $8. Oneness meditation, chakra clearing/energization, transfer of Divine Energy. Welcome beginning, experienced meditators, all paths. Info: 587.0967, email@example.com.
• Oneness meditation with Ernie Pappa: Feb. 25.
Waering Stained Glass Studio (336 N. Washington St., Wilkes-Barre).
• Tarot Card Readings: $50/first half hour, $10 additional. Appointment only. Call 570.417.5020.
White Dragon Internal Strength Chi Kung (330 Sandra Dr., Jefferson Twp & Scranton, 570.906.9771) Tai chi, yoga, meditation, chi kung, white lotus, pai lum, flowing water, inner tiger. Beginners-advanced. Mon.-Fri., open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. Sat. 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Sun 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Private and group. Any ages.
Wilkes-Barre YMCA events (570.823.2191)
• Zumbatomic: Sat., 1 p.m. $16/8 week session for YMCA members, $20/non-members. Designed for ages 7-12, now offering parent class. Pre-registration required.
The Yoga Studio (210 Wyoming Ave., Wyoming, 570.301.7544)
• Yoga: Mon., 9:30 a.m., 6:30 p.m.; Wed., 10:30 a.m.; Thurs., 9:30 a.m., 6:30 p.m.; Sat., 10:30 a.m.
• Zumba: Tues., 5:30 p.m.; Wed. 9 a.m., 7 p.m.; Fri., 5:30 p.m.
YMCA of Greater Pittston (10 N Main St, Pittston, 570.655.2255 ext. 104, firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Zumba Toning: Mon., 5 p.m.
• Zumba Gold: Tues., 10:30 a.m.
• Kids’ Creative Movement: Tues., 3:45-4:15 p.m.
• Zumba: Wed., 5 p.m.
• Zumba Gold: Thurs., 10:30 a.m.
• Early Tikes Gymnastics: Wed., 9-9:30 a.m. $30.
• Just 3’s: Wed., 9:45-10:15 a.m. $30.
• Twinkie Fitness: Thurs., 5:15-6 p.m., $30. Age 4.
• Beginner Gymnastics: Young beginner (ages 5-7), Sat., 9-9:45 a.m.; beginner (ages 7+), Sat., 10-10:45 a.m.; intermediate (ages 10+), Sat., 11 a.m.-noon. $40/member, $30/family member, $55/non-members.
• Basketball: Beginner (kindergarten, grades1-2), Tues., 5:30- 6:15 p.m.
• Basketball Basics: (grades 3-5) Tues., 6:30-7:30 p.m. $50/members, $40/family member, $65/non-members.
• Basketball and Softball: Tee Ball (ages 5-6), Sat., 9-9:45 a.m.; pre-minors baseball (ages 7-10), Sat., 10-11 a.m.; pre-minors softball (ages 7-10), Sat., 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., $50/members, $40/family members, $65/non-members.
Zumba Fitness Classes
• Mon./Wed., 5:15 p.m.; Sat., 11 a.m., at TLC Fitness Center (bottom of Morgan Hwy., Scranton). $5/class. Call 570.558.7293 for info.
• Adult classes held at Fitwize 4 Kids Tues./Thurs., 7:15, Sun., 11 a.m. on Keyser Ave. across from Keyser Oak Shopping Center Call 348.9383 for info.