Psychic medium comes to town
First Posted: 9/28/2014
Theresa Caputo is one busy broad with big hair. Like, really big hair.
Her second book “You Can’t Make This Stuff Up” hit stores on Tuesday, Sept. 30, her reality show “Long Island Medium” is in its sixth season on TLC. She is on a national tour heading to Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre on Monday, Oct. 6, where the famous medium will be sharing her gift of healing messages from loved ones who have passed away to help people find closure and embrace life.
Weekender recently caught up with the “Long Island Medium” star before her visit to NEPA.
Whether you think she is freaking amazing or full of shit, here are seven things you just can’t make up about Theresa Caputo.
1. Theresa Caputo didn’t consider her ability to connect with dead people a gift until she was 28 years old.
“I always had the ability. I thought it was normal until my girlfriends in high school would be like ‘No, I didn’t just see an old woman walk by’. It took me a long time to realize this was a gift,” Caputo said.
2. Caputo believes everyone has the ability to connect with spirits.
“People often overlook the signs and symbols from their loved ones by thinking things are just a coincidence when they’re really a little ‘hello’ from heaven,” Caputo said.
The medium says the most commonly overlooked signs are hearing a song on the radio that reminds you of someone or a sequence of numbers.
“Look out for those sequence of numbers. If the license plate in front of you has the numbers 1976 and your loved one who passed either died or was born in 1976, that’s a sign they’re with you. That’s no accident,” Caputo said.
3. Caputo doesn’t do negativity.
Despite being called a ‘fake’ in print and on television, Caputo doesn’t believe there is even such thing as a ‘hater’, instead she said she thinks people hate on things they just don’t understand. When it comes to anything from doubters to her readings, she has a standard of remaining positive.
4. If you have ever seen an episode of “Long Island Medium” then you have witnessed the healing power of Caputo. She claims that while she helps people heal, she learns a lot about life.
“I can’t express enough how important it is to be happy. Every time I help connect someone with a loved one they lost, the spirit reminds them to be happy. It’s so important to not forget to be happy. Through helping people heal, I have really learned to not take life for granted,” Caputo said.
5. Caputo’s newest book “You Can’t Make This Stuff Up”, shares the lessons she learned about life as a medium with her avid followers, including lessons on grieving, forgiveness and how to embrace your own power to connect with spirits.
6. Caputo will be sharing the lessons and secrets from her new book in NEPA on Monday, Oct. 6, at Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre. Tickets are still available at ticketmaster.com and range from $39.75 to $79.75.
7. The most inconvenient situation Caputo was ever in when a spirit made a connection with her was when she was getting her eyebrows waxed and she had wax dripping down her face.
“Then there was the time I was getting a massage. Just when I thought I was going to get some peace and quiet,” Caputo said.